- Thouet Cocoa Powder Cooler
- Screw heat-exchanger design, continuous cooling with slow-speed regular mixing and transportation
- Easy operation and maintenance
- Standard outlet powder temperature max 22°C with variable residence time settings
- Handling of natural and alkalized powder, with fat content of up-to 24%
- Continuous cooling and thus stabilizing of exothermal crystallization energy after grinding
- Prevents caking (re-agglomeration) inside the bags after filling
Specifications / USP's
The de-agglomerated cocoa powder after the cake grinding section (classifier or pin mill system) is fed into the Thouet powder cooler. The cooling screw is designed for the continuous cooling / stabilizing of the cocoa powder and to prevent unwanted increase of temperature, which could lead to unexpected lumps due to increased temperatures which can liquefy cocoa butter particles.
The closed design of the screw prevents condensation and undesirable transformation of powder, like caking and hygroscopic reactions. The cooling takes place in a closed cooling screw via jacketed wall and hollow screw shaft, which reduces the risk of contamination.
Stabilizing the cocoa powder ensures a constant product temperature and quality for fast and accurate bagging-operations.
Cocoa Kibbled Cake Processing, Cocoa Powder Processing, Nut Powder Processing
KPSS90 / 6300: 500-1000 kg/hr, KPSS110 / 6300: 1000-1500 kg/hr, KPSS150 / 6300: 1500-2000 kg/hr