- Thouet Cocoa Cake Cooler
- Continuous cooling with slow-speed regular mixing and transportation
- Easy operation and maintenance
- Reduced risk of fire for storage alkalized cake in a storage silo due to lower temperature
- Standard outlet cake temperature ~ 35°C with variable residence time settings
- Handling of natural and alkalized cake, with fat content of up-to 24%
Specifications / USP's
The broken cocoa cake (kibbled cake) after the cocoa butter press is fed into the Thouet cake cooler. The cooling screw is designed for the continuous cooling of the hot broken cocoa cake. Cocoa cake leaving the press has a temperature of approximately 80 – 100°C, due to the high temperature the amount of bacteria in the cocoa cake is small.
The cooling takes place in a closed cooling screw via jacketed wall and hollow screw shaft, so there is almost no risk of contamination. Cooling down the cocoa cake to a temperature of approx. 35°C ensures a constant product temperature, increased capacity and stabilizing quality in the subsequent cake grinding / pulverizing process.
Cocoa Kibbled Cake Processing
KA90 / 6300: 500-1000 kg/hr, KA110 / 6300: 1000-1500 kg/hr, KA150 / 6300: 1500-2000 kg/hr