The pilot plant at Koog aan de Zaan contains the following equipment:
- A Lab-Nibrotom liquor grinding line comprising of the laboratory ball mill model W-3, laboratory ball mill model W-5, laboratory ball mill model FML-5, and laboratory ball mill model FM-20, along with CMG stone mills for both coarse and fine grinding.
- A laboratory press installation, complementing the laboratory ball mill, for cocoa and other oily seeds, notably peanut, sesame, hazelnut, and shea.
- A laboratory powder refining and stabilizing installation, model ICM 4,8. Various models of laboratory ball mill for compounds and chocolate, namely W-1-S, W-3, W-5, FML-5, and FM-20.
- A laboratory Uniroto system with Refiner Conche. -25. A Taste-Changer system with a Thin-Film reactor KFB-5.
- A chocolate roller refining system comprising a 3-roller refiner and a traditional conch.
- A Qchoc chocolate ball mill system with a QC-50 chocolate installation.
- A KBF-1 continuous cooling system suitable for cocoa, compounds, and chocolate.
- A sieving installation.
Excellent analytical instrumentation:
Both technology centres boast a wide selection of measuring and analysis instruments in addition to equipment such as the laboratory ball mill.
- Our differential scanning calorimeter generates a clear characterization of any product. The DSC provides a number of solutions for melting and crystallising projects and processes, stability, oxidation, and purity.
- Our laser diffraction meter deploys the Fraunhofer method to measure products within the range of 0.01 – 175 um and 0.5 – 875 um. The benefits of this laser diffraction analysis, provides both the cumulative spread and the spread of the products being measured.
- Our viscosity meter measures products’ viscosity and flow. This piece of kit uses a number of methodologies, most striking are the Reomatt, Haake, and Brookfield methods.
- Our moisture meter identifies the presence and measures the extent of moisture in products and their constituent ingredients.
- Our soxhlet extraction installation is used to extract fat to be analysed.
We also conduct a variety of types of microscopic research. One key example is our specially developed cold light source to analyse fat bloom.
Content of the laboratory in Aalen:
- Ball mills for cocoa liquor grinding: FML-5, FM-20, stone mill CMG for coarse grinding and stone mill CMF for fine grinding
- A laboratory ball mill for compound and chocolate: FML-5, FM-20. Thin-Film reactor KFB-5
- Chocolate roller refining system: 3-roller refiner WDLH/S and traditional conch
- Continuous cooling system KBF-1 for cocoa, compound and chocolate. VSA sieving installation
- Roaster KRA and KRL