Continuous Bean & Nib Roasting
Our continuous roasters are used for drying or roasting of cocoa beans and alkalised nibs, as well as for the treatment of nuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds and oily fruits.
Continuous Bean Roasting System
With the continuous bean roasting system, the shell protects the nib from over roasting, ensuring all flavours are retained in the nib. The beans pass through the roaster by gravity and are captured in layers. In each cycle, one small batch is dumped to the next level. Hot air passes through each layer from bottom to top. Every bean receives the desired amount of hot air and the same treatment, allowing every bean to be roasted equally.
After roasting, the shell is easily removable. The F.B. Lehmann bean roasters have many advantages compared to other systems:
The Continuous Roaster performs a gentle roasting at low temperature for excellent flavour development. The power range is from 0.5 to 8 t / h with oil, gas or steam heating, with a hot air intake of temperatures 130 to 140 ° C for pre-drying or 170 to 180 ° C for the roasting process.
Continuous Nib Roasting System
The advantages of F.B. Lehmann continuous nib roasting principle, has proven its value in the chocolate industry and cocoa production for years. It is an excellent roasting method due to low energy consumption, flexible flavour development and excellent end-product colour.
In the continuous nib roasting approach, the pre-dried (alkalised) nibs are fed to the roaster. Small batches of nibs are all treated the same way due to the continuous turning of layers. The result: a very uniform flavour development.
High acid and non-fermented beans can be upgraded to a less acidic and more cocoa flavoured product. Additional advantages of the system are that the roasters can be adjusted to process any kind of bean-type and origin, and is suitable for 24/7 production. Due to a low roasting temperature the exhaust air has a lower concentration of odor. The nib roaster has a cooling section to bring the nibs down to the ideal temperature for liquor grinding.
- Storage of raw beans in a pre- Silo
- Storage dried or roasted beans in an integrated silo for the batch feed to the reactor
- Steam treatment reactor for reduction of bacteria of the product before or after roasting or drying
- Thermal exhaust air cleaning systems for odor removal
- Biological waste gas cleaning systems
- Continuous Bean & Nib roasting
- Roasting can be adjusted to process any kind of bean-type and origin
- Suitable for 24/7 production
- Gentle product treatment
- Low maintenance
- Low energy consumption
- Power range from 0.5 to 8 t / h with oil, gas or steam heating
- Hot air intake of temperatures 130 to 140 ° C for pre-drying and 170 to 180 ° C for the roasting process